Cheater's Magnificent Melon & Lime Margarita


If you can find yourself some Magnificent Melons, buy them! Immediately. Magnificent melons are a type of cantaloupe that is sweeter than it's more standard counterpart and a bit less juicy. They are at their peak during our late winter and early spring and eating one is like having a taste of summer months before it arrives. Considering I've been fairly depressed this winter, these melons have been a source of joy for me lately. I came up with this Margarita drink which has become a new favorite in my family. They are ridiculously easy to make, easy on the alcohol and high on the flavor. It's quite a refreshing drink to have after a meal.

Ingredients:
5 or 6 large ice cubes
1 small bottle of Jose Cuervo Lime Margarita Mix
1 cup of chopped Magnificent Melon

This makes two small margaritas or one really large one.

In your blender, crush the ice until no chunks are left. Scrape the inside of the blender so that the crushed ice is at the bottom. Add the Margarita Mix and the melon and puree until very smooth. Serve chilled in glasses and with a slice of melon as a garnish. Because the ice, fruit puree and margarita mix start to separate pretty quickly, use the slice of melon to stir it to keep the original consistency. Enjoy!

3 comments:

vietfoodrecipes said...

I would love one of those glasses. It looks very refreshing!

JoeyfromSC said...

Looks SO good! I just followed & subscribed to your blog:)

Hate I missed the Yoplait giveaway lol

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic said...

Oooh I don't think I've had a magnificent melon yet. I'll be on the lookout, I love margaritas!