Beacon Grille Trip, 2 months later


These pictures are from a trip to Beacon Grille in Woburn, MA we did in early August. Carlos treated me to dinner as a thank you for all the hard work I did with wedding planning. I forgot to blog about it! Oops I hope I remember what I ate.




I always have their Honey Tequila Smash. It's by far my favorite cocktail. I hope Beacon Grille keeps it on their menu forever! 


Carlos had a beer.



Carlos ordered these Steamed Pork Dumplings with Chili Soy Sauce as a starter. They were very delicious and of course I had to help him out with one or two.


I ordered a half dozen fresh Wellsfleet Oysters. Our waiter was an oyster connoisseur and he helped me order the right oysters and talked to us about how to shuck them and even recommended a book on Oysters to us.


Even Carlos had one! And he doesn't eat seafood except for fried calamari, canned tuna and crabcakes.


It's all about the right combination of horseradish, cocktail sauce, red onion and lemon juice. Delicious!


Carlos got a Steak Au Poivre which came with thick slices of tomato, gorgonzola and seasoned fries.


I got the Garlic-Herb Panko-Crusted Flounder that came on a bed of greens and gnocchi in a puttanesca sauce and was topped with a small pile of micro greens. It's not my favorite dish of theirs but it was still tasty.



We ordered one of their House-made Bourbon Milks to share. It's a very tiny drink but wow is it potent! To make it they take bourbon, milk, lemon peel, vanilla and chocolate, strain it then serve it. It's a very delicious after-dinner cocktail. A perfect treat to go with dessert.




We weren't going to get dessert. Then we smelled this waft of chocolate from our neighboring table and looked over to see what they got. It was a Molten chocolate cake in a cup, topped with blackberries and mint. On the side was a scoop of ice cream with some cookie crumbles. It was hot, smooth and decadent. A nice way to round off a very extravagant dinner.

If you live in the Boston area and want to treat your loved one to a very elegant and decadent dinner, take them to Beacon Grille!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Thanks so much for coming in--we always love serving you and Carlos!