Tew-Mac Tavern at the Tewskbury Country Club



My father-in-law took my husband and I out for a Christmas Eve dinner to the Tew-Mac Tavern at the Tewksbury Country Club in Tewksbury, MA. The country club sits on what used to be a privately owned airport. The great thing about this country club is that it's open to the public and you don't need to be a member to eat at their tavern or play on their golf course. The Tew-Mac Tavern had a small menu but boy was I impressed with what we ordered!


Inside the Tavern is a gorgeous dining area complete with fireplace and grand piano! It was Christmas time so there was also a beautifully decorated tree. I loved the open design and the lodge-type feel.




Tew-Mac Tavern has an absolutely fantastic cocktail menu and had a special holiday one too. I opted for an Old-Fashioned because I have never had one. Also, in the show Mad Men, Don Draper makes Old-Fashioneds for himself and for Conrad Hilton at a Country Club. I love that show, I was at a country club, so it was absolutely necessary to order an Old-Fashioned.


I think this is my new favorite cocktail!




The nice waiter brought us two types of bread, olive oil with herbs and a whole head of slow roasted garlic. OH MY GOD was that garlic so delicious. It's a little tricky to fish out but oh so worth it. I had so much garlic I had to tell Carlos to take the head of garlic away otherwise I would go through a similar situation like the Honeymoon Garlic Overdose of 2012!

I have never been to a restaurant that serves a whole head of slow roasted garlic with bread. I think this is amazing and definitely a reason to visit the restaurant!


For an appetizer we got their Sicilian Calamari which was tossed in Garlic Butter and had some sliced cherry peppers. I'm glad they didn't fry the peppers and the butter wasn't overwhelming. We didn't even need a dip!


I ordered their Seared Scallops dinner and substituted their sauteed spinach with the house vegetables. These scallops were so delicious and perfectly and expertly seared. They came with 2 three-cheese potato croquettes which were so heavenly. The croquettes were nice and hot and crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. Yum!

This was the best choice for dinner and when I go back I'll definitely order this again.


Carlos had the New York Strip Steak and my father-in-law had the New England Haddock plate. They both liked their meals too!


We didn't have any room in our bellies for dessert which was a shame. I'd love to see if their desserts were as good as the other plates. Instead of dessert, we sat down by the fireplace and chatted for a bit. Tew-Mac Tavern has these big comfy chairs and a couch in front of the fireplace so it's a great spot to sit and talk for a bit after your meal.

If you are ever in the Tewksbury, MA area, you must eat at Tew-Mac Tavern. This restaurant is a new favorite of mine and I can't wait to go back.

No comments: