Strawberry Shortcake Cookies


Strawberry season is upon us and this is the perfect time for some really delicious strawberries. On Sunday, I went to Wilson Farms (Lexington, MA) where they were having their annual Strawberry Festival. I picked up a pint of strawberries which were grown right on the farm. In hindsight, I should have gotten more strawberries because they were ripe and red all the way through and mouth-dribbling delicious.

The pint I took home (minus a couple strawberries that I snuck out and ate), I chopped up and turned into Strawberry Shortcake Cookies. The recipe I got was from We Are Not Martha. I really wanted to make something with strawberries. I had already baked a Strawberry-Peach Cobbler the week before and wanted to try something else that was unique.




So what makes these cookies "strawberry shortcake". The liquid in the batter is heavy cream, which gives you that cream flavor you get from the whipped cream in a real shortcake. Plus the cookie dough contains cold butter which melts in the oven. The cookies get slightly crispy on the outside and are soft like cake on the inside. If anything screams STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! it's these cookies.

Go check out the recipe: Strawberry Shortcake Cookies


I unfortunately burnt my first batch of cookies because I went for the full 19 minutes at 375 degrees. I recommend going 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees instead, or checking in on the cookies regularly so they don't burn.

2 comments:

Jonas Nordin said...

I'd like four of those sent to me in a bag right now! Looks absolutely delicious!

Anonymous said...

You have to get several quarts (maybe 4) and make a ton of jam!