Product Review: Special K with Fiber

Raquel StecherAbout Me
Blogger at Thoughtful Eating and Vintage Brand New. Please add my to your circles.


Foodbuzz gave us as Tastemakers an opportunity to test out Kellogg's newest incarnation of the Special K brand, Special K with Fiber. As someone who has digestive difficulties, getting fiber into my diet is very important. I can't stress enough the importance of digestive health for your physical and emotional well-being. With all the different types of food we eat, especially ones that are rather difficult to digest, having some fiber helps things along so to speak.

Now, I've been taking a daily dose of ground flaxseed daily. I usually sprinkle it on my cereal. Fiber cereal plus flaxseed? Overkill! It was too much for me. I need a lot of help so I couldn't really do without the flaxseed. However, if you need a little bit of help and want a cereal that is low in calories, delicious, nutritious and has the added benefit of having fruit, I would highly recommend Special K with Fiber.  If you are like my beau Carlos, and a little bit of fiber is already too much, then I would recommend just trying another Special K cereal without the added fiber.

What you may not know, is that before I started taking flaxseed I had lots of digestive issues.  My gastroenterologist declared my digestive system "lazy". Basically, it takes me longer to digest than your average person. Some days, I would feel just rotten. My stomach felt like someone detonated a hand grenade inside. So on those days, I would try to just eat a bowl of Special K cereal for dinner. It was mild enough that my stomach would have a relatively easy time digesting it.

Now Special K is advertising that the added fiber helps with weight loss. I'm no nutritionist so I can't vouch for that. They have a money-back guarantee that the low calorie and high fiber cereal will help with your weight management. I don't think that that is where the strength of the cereal lies but far be it from me to tell the company how to pitch their product. I encourage you to try this cereal if you have some relatively mild digestive issues and want to start off your day by giving your system a boost.

Thank you to Foodbuzz for sending me a box of Special K with Fiber (red berries) to try out!

1 comment:

abby mumford said...

this might be TMI, but when i too was having major tummy trouble, all i could eat was special K. it's gentle on the stomach and delicious.

i know that fiber in food is the new black, but i don't know that i need the extra fiber persay...i do know that i will keep on noshing on special K original flavor. YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails