Restaurant Review: Red Lobster in Times Square


I know this seems utterly ridiculous considering I cook and I love eating all types of cuisine, but I really love Red Lobster. Why? I don't know. Perhaps it's because it's always been denied to me. Because it was really hard to get. Red Lobster to me has been the beautiful siren who teases me and tempts me but is always too far out of reach. I've been to Red Lobster only a handful of times in my life. In Edmonton, Alberta, in Florida, in New York City and in Connecticut. There are NO Red Lobsters in Massachusetts even though the restaurant's commercials are on heavy rotation on TV here. Why no Red Lobsters in Massachusetts? Well, it's Massachusetts. We are a seafood-lovers paradise. Legal Seafoods is a chain that already has a strong grip on the area. Red Lobster and it's frozen imported seafood can't compare with the fresh seafood we get here from our shores. So why the heck do I love Red Lobster when I can have all the local seafood I want elsewhere? I have no answer to that question. I just do.

I was determined to go to the Red Lobster in Times Square, which I've been to before because 1) I wanted seafood and 2) I would be dining behind a gigantic Olivia from Jerseylicious. I love Olivia. I follow her on Facebook and Twitter. I dressed up as her for Halloween. I'm #teamolivia all the way so I knew I'd be dining with good company.





I really needed to keep it healthy. New York City has some sort of mandates that requires chain restaurants to post calories alongside the menu options. GENIUS! That helped me out a lot. That pasta dish doesn't look so appetizing anymore when I see it's 1,200 calories! I opted for a dish just under 600 calories so I could enjoy salad (with light dressing) and a couple of the delicious cheddar chive biscuits (150 calories each).


And here is what I ordered. It was grilled lobster tail, grilled scallops and grilled shrimp skewers with a side of steamed broccoli. I asked the waitress not to give me any butter. She was very nice and made sure my meal was as healthy as I wanted it. Overall, great experience. And I'll be back to Red Lobster! For sure!

7 comments:

Meatloaf Recipe said...

Awesome post! What a delicious looking pics! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Raquel @ Erecipe.com said...

love the pictures...you have a delicious and nutritious meal out there love the salad and the grilled lobster tail, grilled scallops and grilled shrimp skewers with a side of steamed broccoli =) very healthy

Sunshine Coast Hotels said...

These kinds of lists are actually very helpful for me, since I don’t have to scour the internet looking for good examples of good Restaurant site designs.
restaurant

burleigh heads accommodation said...

I like your post, the fact that your site is a little bit different makes it so interesting, I get fed up of seeing the same old boring recycled stuff all of the time.

Soup Diet said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Soup Diet said...

Great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using. I'm currently using Wordpress for a few of my sites but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run.

Unknown said...

The food was not that good and the prices were double from when I had last been there