Restaurant Review - Duke's on Murray Hill






Duke's New York (Murray Hill) is nothing to write home about. It's your average, run-of-the-mill American restaurant. After sipping on my weak iced tea, I ordered a Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich. The shrimp was delicious but the bread was kind of stale. In fact, there was so much bread that it competed with the filling so I abandoned it altogether and ate the shrimp by itself. The fries were okay. Pretty thin and crispy, which I like but lacking in flavor. The coleslaw was okay. I don't have much else to say other than this place was meh. If you are in NYC, pass on this local chain and try something else instead.

3 comments:

FoodieMouth said...

Sorry to hear about your sucky food experience there :-(
Its been YEARS since I’ve dined at Duke’s. I use to really like their Chicken Fried Steak w/Cream Gravy, Herb Mashed Potatoes & Honey Glazed Carrots.

But I’ll take your word for it and pass next time I’m in the area ;-) Thanks!

Sucks how the quality of the food at some restaurants just goes downhill over the years :-(

How long are you in NYC?

So many GREAT places I’d love to recommend to you to makeup for Duke’s :-)

Wouldn’t want you leave NYC with literally a bad taste in your mouth.

Amanda

Raquel S. said...

Hey Amanda - Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out some of the links I tweeted. This review was written in June 2010 so I've since left NYC and went back and left again. I go once a year for a big show for work and try to take advantage of the restaurant scene.

I reviewed several restaurants in June of this year. You may want to just tool around my archives or check out my "Restaurant Reviews" tag. Thanks!

FoodieMouth said...

June 20120???!!! Ha, ha! SMH. I won't overlook the post date next time ;-)

Okay, cool. Will do!

Amanda