I Haz Crockpot ~ Pumpkin-Apple Dessert

Raquel StecherAbout Me
Blogger at Thoughtful Eating and Vintage Brand New. Please add my to your circles.

I saw this recipe on the Betty Crocker website for Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Apple Dessert and I knew I just had to make it! I rarely buy ice cream, but did so for this recipe. It's a great way to learn how to use my Crockpot for desserts and to make something very suitable for the season.



1 21 oz. can Apple pie filling
Dry Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Wet Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar*
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup liquid egg product
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Good quality vanilla ice cream

* I reduced the amount of brown sugar from the original recipe by 1/4 cup.

To make this you have to have a Crockpot or Slow Cooker that heats on the bottom AND on the sides. That's super important!

Spray the inside of your Crockpot with Pam cooking spray. Add the apple-pie filling to the bottom and spread evenly.

Mix dry ingredients.
Then incorporate the wet ingredients. Pour batter into the crockpot and cook for 2 hours. If you don't have the 2 hour setting, cook on the 4 hour setting for about 2-1/2 hours. This worked for me.

Scoop out some dessert while it's hot, making sure you get some of the apple on the bottom. Serve with ice cream.

I used Breyer's Lactose Free Vanilla Ice Cream.
Next time I would add 2 cans of apple pie filling because I don't think there was enough apple for the dessert. Or maybe I would make my own apple mixture. I would also make half the amount of batter because this turned out to be an enormous dessert!

Pumpkin on Foodista


Millie said...

Oh, gosh, that looks SO good!

I'm so glad I have a crock pot...

Anonymous said...

Has anyone tried to double this recipe? cam

Peggy said...

What temperature setting? Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails