Luxurious Mid-Morning Snack ~ Bananas, Strawberries and Agave Nectar

At work, I usually have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack. I need the sugar hit to keep me going and to prevent my blood sugar from getting too low. I have grown accustomed to pre-packaged sugar snacks but have been trying to switch to something healthier. Although fruit on an empty stomach isn't all that great for me, it's at least a healthier alternative to processed sugars.

I've been bringing a banana and a few strawberries to work with me. In the company kitchen, I hull and halve the strawberries and slice the banana and put the piece into a bowl. At my desk, I always have Trader Joe's Agave Nectar for sweetening tea. I drizzle a little bit over the fruit and for a few moments I'm in utter ecstasy.

Who knew eating healthy could be so luxurious?




Agave Syrup on Foodista

No comments: