New Year's Plans and Holiday Meal Photos


What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Carlos and I will be going to Sea Dog Brewing Co. (see my review of the pub here) for dinner and some New Year's festivities. They'll be open late but we'll be heading home for New Year's eve drinks. I'll be making my Peach-Raspberry Sparkling Sangria and we have an extra small bottle of champagne for popping at the stroke of midnight. We also plan to watch Ocean's 11 (1960) and Dick Clark's countdown show.

I neglected to post pictures from our Christmas day meal so here they are! I hope you all have a wonderful New Years!


My dad's famous Octopus salad. It served with onions and a vinegar-oil dressing. Very simple and oh so good.


My mom dressed this huge plate of her special recipe rice with kalamata olives!


My mom makes the most amazing pot of red beans. She makes it from scratch and she adds carrots, onion and bacon to add flavor and variety to the pot. It's so wonderful with her rice.


This is my mom's special pressure cooked beef. I don't know how she makes it so it comes out as tender and flavorful as it does. It looks very festive with the Green and Red peppers!


Another of my mom's signature recipes. Her vinegar cole slaw. So wonderful that even Carlos devoured it and he hates cabbage!


My mom (Sarah) calls this "Sarah Salad". It's much better than that awful Raquel salad I had a while back. Thin strips of cucumber, green pepper, onion, carrots and tomatoes dressed in oil and vinegar and seasoned with salt and pepper. So simple but so divine.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

That octopus salad looks SO delicious! Yum!