Trip to Finale in Harvard Square


After our trip to Mr. Bartley's in Harvard Square, Carlos and I headed over to Finale for some dessert and coffee/tea. We still had some time before watching It's a Wonderful Life (1946) on the big screen at the Brattle theater and we wanted something sweet to round out our burger meal as well as some caffeine to perk us up. I ordered a Latte that came in a glass mug. I love drinking hot coffee out of a glass container. I think it takes me back to my childhood when I would drink galao (Portuguese drink made of coffee, milk and sugar) out of a tall glass. Finale had those European-style sugar packets which always make me really happy!


Carlos had a British Breakfast tea. The thing about Finale is that the place is really fancy yet affordable. You get the full dining experience. Finale mostly serves desserts, wine and other drinks but they also have a savory menu. We mostly go here just for desserts and drinks.


Here Carlos is taking a picture of me taking a picture. We are such an iCouple!


Now on to the dessert! We ordered Finale's Seasonal Cornucopia to split between the two of us. The menu listed the following description for the dessert: "Mixed berry cobbler with Tahitian vanilla gelato accompanied by apple spice cake with stewed apples salted caramel sauce and cinnamon mascarpone cream served with a slice of chocolate bourbon pecan tart". Wow what a mouthful! And a mouthful indeed it was. My favorite was the pecan tart. I wish there was more of it to devour! The Apple spice cake was a bit dry but the stewed apples, sauce and cream made up for it. The berry cobbler topping had way too much sugar but the mixed berry filling (blueberries, raspberries and cranberries) was perfect especially mixed with the vanilla gelato. Overall this dish was spectacular!

If you are ever in the Boston area, make sure you hit up one of the three Finale Desserterie & Bakery locations we have here. You won't regret it.

2 comments:

Delicious Dishings said...

One of my favorite things about Finale is all the fancy dessert cocktails they offer.

The1stdaughter said...

Wow! That looks amazing! I love that it's not too expensive, but looks so fancy. Nice when you have a budget to stick to. Besides, desserts are always welcome! :o)