Strawberry Belgian Waffles



I am so sick of pancakes. Every Sunday, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Over and over and over again. I know, if I'm going to over indulge on pancakes light, moist and fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are the way to go. But I just needed to make something else for Sunday Brunch. I've been lusting after a Belgian Waffle-maker and while I was at Target I went ahead and bought this one for $20. I was having a really bad day so buying this waffle-maker and thinking about tomorrow morning's strawberry Belgian waffles made me a little happier.


It's simple, small and easy-to-use. All the things I needed in a Waffle-maker.


Strawberry Belgian Waffles

2 cups of flour
1 tbsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
2 tsp of sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup of melted margarine (or butter)
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of almond milk (or soy milk or regular milk)
1/2 cup of chopped strawberries (fresh)

Heat up that ole waffle-maker!

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat the 3 eggs separately and melt the margarine. Add the eggs, vanilla, milk and stir and slowly incorporate the margarine. Whisk until smooth but don't over whisk. Fold in the strawberries. Pour some into your waffle-maker, make sure not to overload and cook until it's the desired crispiness and shade of brown. Serve with some sliced strawberries and bananas and a little bit of maple syrup. Happy Brunch!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love waffles! Do they have any of the chicken & waffle places back east? I've only run into them in California--Oakland & LA--fried chicken & waffles! Just a thought.

nancy@skinnykitchen.com said...

I love waffles. I've never made them with almond milk before. Sounds yummy1

The1stdaughter said...

Those look absolutely delicious and I love the addition of almond milk, which I love. Definitely going to have to try these soon. Now for the waffle maker!

I've mentioned my hubby's family loves pancakes, but just about the only thing better (for them)...cheese waffles. I know, weird right? But actually pretty good, just different. Unfortunately our prized wedding gift a Waring Pro Belgian waffle maker, just broke. So, yeah, guess what's at the top of our Christmas list? Hehe.

Hope you're having a better day today! At least breakfast should have helped. :o)

Raquel S. said...

John - I did hear of a fried chicken & waffle place in the Boston area. But I have to say, the idea of those two things paired together grosses me out!

Nancy - These days, almost all of my baked goods will contain almond milk. It's just so versatile as a milk replacement.

Danielle- Sunday was so much better than Saturday. Oh I hope you get a new Belgian Waffle maker soon. What kind of waffles do you make on yours? How do you make a cheese waffle?! I'm very curious. I was thinking about trying out savory waffles.

Ken said...

After enjoying Belgian Waffles in our favorite cafe, we decided to buy our own Belgian Waffle Maker. We use it every weekend. Read here here:http://bestdealsclub.com/348/review-of-waring-pro-wmk300a-professional-belgian-waffle-maker/

Bryant said...

the belgian waffles are my favorite!